Company Name: Visionworks
Location: Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler
Contact Name: Ann Rice
Contact Phone: 210-524-8410
Contact Email: email@example.com
State Licensed Optician assigned primarily to the retail floor. Sell eyewear products and services utilizing the SERVE selling strategy to Super Serve the Customer’s needs.
1. Complete retail final inspection of all eyewear and dispense eyewear to ensure accuracy of prescription, fit and comfort to include the dispense with the 7-Point Quality Check.
2. Answer telephone promptly and professionally or a prompt greeting and obtain prescription for in-store customers. Be able to provide the potential customer with basic information such as: starting price points for lenses, current in-store promotions, Doctor’s phone number, Unbeatable Price Guarantee, invite them into the store and thank them for calling.
3. Identify customer’s needs through Lifestyle selling techniques and match frame to customer’s face shape and prescription and utilize the Lens Selling Kit to assist in educating the customer throughout the sales process to increase their knowledge and understanding of available lens options.
4. Stock, clean, and straighten displays; clean and organize the entire store, ensure frames are ticketed properly.
5. Adjust and repair eyewear and process defective, spoiled, and cannibalized frames.
6. Complete Company required training programs.
7. Follow Company safety rules and standards.
8. Other duties as assigned by management to include opening/closing procedures as well as cross training.
• One (1) year of related experience
• HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
• Opticians State License required
• Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms and prescriptions
• Work changing schedules to meet business demands
• Work inside location
• Strong organizational skills
• Speak clearly and effectively
• Calculate and manipulate numbers/data
• Read English
• Problem solve/reasoning
• Meet customer expectations
• Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
• Follow procedures and instructions
• Use computer effectively and view computer screen
• Exhibit empathy in all interactions
• Bend and stoop continuously
• Reach above shoulder continuously
Training Requirements (where applicable)
• Complete company required training within appropriate timelines
• Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
• Must be detail orientated and well organized.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
• Must be energetic and self-motivated.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to problem solve.
• Must work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis
• Must have the ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned